To apply for membership, please print out the appropriate application, along with three copies of your newspaper, if applicable. Also, a letter from a sponsoring MPA publisher is required if your newspaper is applying for Active, Active Online or Friend of Missouri Press Membership. A check for dues is also required. The MPA Board of Directors will act on applications at its earliest opportunity. Active Membership dues are based on the formula listed below. Friend of Missouri Press Membership dues are $ 195 yearly and includes 2 members. Associate Membership dues are $35 per person. Bi-weekly/Monthly/Quarterly/Magazine are $250 yearly.
Dues are collected for the calendar year. Download a copy of our member services guide!
MPA has FIVE classes of membership
(1) Active Membership – This is open to any weekly or daily newspaper that has been in business for three years and devotes at least 25% of its space to news content and fulfills the requirements set forth in the MPA Bylaws. Active Membership Application
(2) Associate Membership – This is open to any publisher who has retired or to any person in government, education or an association who serves in an information capacity or to any teacher or student of journalism. Download Application
(3) Friend of Missouri Press Membership – This is open to anyone in public relations or in a field allied to the newspaper industry or serving it, or to newspapers that have not been in business for three years or publish less frequently than weekly and thus may not qualify for active membership. Download Application
(4) Active Online Membership – This is open to any online newspaper that has been in business for three years (MPA member newspapers online prior to Sept. 7, 2007, are grandfathered in) and fulfills the requirements set forth in the MPA Bylaws. Download Application
(5) BI-WEEKLY / MONTHY / QUARTERLY PUBLICATION / MAGAZINE MEMBERSHIP – These Missouri Press members receive the monthly Missouri Press News magazine, monthly Bulletin and the biweekly eBulletin with their membership. They are encouraged to attend meetings and seminars of the Association. Publications with this membership status are eligible to enter MPA contests. Your membership also includes access to our Legal Hotline and legal advice from attorney Jean Maneke. Download Application.