JOBS & MARKETPLACE
Members of Missouri Press Association may place ads FREE in the Marketplace section if the ad is for a position with a Missouri newspaper. Non-members please call or email Matthew Barba for pricing, (573) 449-4167 or email@example.com. Ads appear in the MPA monthly Bulletin, weekly eBulletin and here. Email ads to firstname.lastname@example.org or scroll down to fill out an online form.
WANTED TO BUY
WEEKLY NEWSPAPER FOR SALE: Newspaper for Sale in Fast-growing Platte County. Lively, growing town on Missouri River, but owners of this prize winning community newspaper are ready to retire. Paid circulation, active web site , two face book accounts, subscription list, a paid e-edition list plus computer equipment, printers and copiers, desks and chairs, file cabinets, archives and lots more. Great opportunity for someone who wants an active, fulfilling and involved small town lifestyle. Rent or buy building, or move to your preferred location. For more information email email@example.com or call 816-640-2251. 8-26
COUNTY-SEAT WEEKLY: County-seat weekly newspaper in Missouri for sale. During our 34-year tenure we’ve worked hard to engage with our community and readers, developed a strong, award-winning editorial and advertising product and moved the profitable newspaper into a strong digital platform, too. If you are interesting in owning your own publication or expanding your holdings, this is a great opportunity with the ownership committed to a smooth transition. The setting holds many benefits: A profitable business that has invested in its quarters, equipment and employees, great quality of life, a good place to raise a family and recreational opportunities. To make inquiries, write firstname.lastname@example.org or Missouri Press Association, 802 Locust St., Columbia, MO 65201. 8-5
NEWSPAPER FOR SALE: Small town weekly for sale in northwest Missouri, good subscription list (about 1,500); extremely popular with town businesses and citizens, needs equipment update. Print elsewhere. The Lawson Review, Asking $40,000. Call 816-296-3412. 6-10
DIGITAL ADVERTISING SPECIALIST: Would you like to work in a forward-thinking organization that offers its employees an opportunity to master digital advertising within a fun, creative, and problem-solving focused culture? If so, this might be just the opportunity for you! This position will be based out of Branson MO.
Think Tank Media, is a digital advertising agency utilizing multiple platforms and programs, including programmatic advertising, targeted display advertising, OTT and CTV advertising along with many others to support campaigns for clients in various local businesses. We’re known for delivering a positive ROI.
• While we have specialists working in several states this will be our first venture of this magnitude in MO so we are seeking a go getter, who understands the importance of volume and persistence when it comes to making presentations.
• We are committed to, and believe in hiring adaptable, driven, problem solvers and thinkers.
We are looking for a digital advertising specialist who fits our culture and understands the importance of determining the need of the potential client and one who will work diligently to find and present a solution to fill that need. The ideal candidate is self-motivated and an outstanding communicator. Someone who thrives on creativity and innovation. This is an entry-level position with opportunities for growth. This position will have a base salary along with Bonus and commission incentives, based on performance.
• 1 to 2 years of sales experience.
• Some familiarity with digital advertising.
• Willingness to challenge others and be challenged.
• Open to learning additional advertising platforms.
• Ability to communicate effectively with team members and clients.
• Capable of working on a team and independently.
• Manage an established digital sales account list.
• Visit new clients and grow this list on a daily basis.
• Work alongside other sales reps to help to grow the digital advertising base.
• Closing the sale.
• Design creative and write compelling ad copy.
• Implement and manage campaigns.
• Manage advertising spends and controls advertiser expectations.
• Always meets internal and client-facing deadlines.
• Be a part of a team that encourages creativity, innovation, and personal / professional growth.
Interested candidates should forward a resume and cover letter to: Rex@bransontrilakesnews.com. 9-6
SPORTS REPORTER: The Versailles Leader-Statesman and Morgan County Press are looking for a sports reporter.
• Applicant should be community-minded, people-oriented, self-motivated, have good interpersonal communication skills and be available to work nights and weekends.
• Duties will include writing sports stories for Versailles and Stover newspapers, taking game photos, attending athletic events, posting scores online and some general assignment work. Must have interest in sports and understand basic sports concepts. Newspaper writing experience helpful but not required.
• 40 hours/week. Paid vacation, holidays and personal leave. Starting pay based on experience (minimum of $350/week). Office located in Versailles.
Send Resumé and Writing Samples/Photos to: Sports Reporter, Versailles Leader-Statesman, PO Box 348, Versailles, MO 65084
or email: email@example.com 8-30
VERSATILE EDITOR SOUGHT: Small weekly paper in eastern Missouri seeks editorial person who can balance coverage of sports, community, news, cops and courts with good small-town diplomacy skills. Full-time position is about 55 percent sports coverage and one news beat, community features, processing of submitted material from schools and community, and proof-reading. InDesign experience helpful. Full-time position with benefits package (health, dental, vision, IRA). Send resume and samples to Matthew Barba at firstname.lastname@example.org 8-9
SPORTS EDITOR: Sports Editor for small-town weekly newspaper. Immediate Opening. Coverage includes area high schools and an NAIA college along with occasional miscellaneous general assignment reporting and weekly trip to print facility. Great opportunity to cover Toni Harris (first female position player to earn a football scholarship), who has become a national sensation. Applicants should have knowledge of InDesign, photo editing software, and Mac OS. Must have reliable transportation. Camera provided by newspaper. Applicant should be self motivated and able to meet deadlines. Must be able to work with a small, yet effective team. Experience preferred. Salary. Send cover letter and resume to: email@example.com. 8-5
COMMUNITY REPORTER: Community-minded reporter needed for Missouri weekly group. All the advantages of country living just a short drive outside of the St. Louis metro area and all it has to offer! This is not a desk job – we need someone willing to dive in and provide our readers with the community coverage they want – names and faces, content in context, in print and online! Photography and layout experience helpful! Email VP Jeffrey Peyton at firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration. 7-29
REPORTER: Springfield Business Journal, an award-winning weekly niche publication in southwest Missouri, is seeking a reporter. Expertise in AP style is required; three to five years of reporting, ideally in business, is preferred. Work for the leading authority of business news and information in the Springfield region. The SBJ is family owned and is growing. We are increasing print readership as well as digital platforms. Over 70 percent of our readers are owners, CEOs, partners, general managers or other executive level positions; 86 percent of readers are in a decision making role and they overwhelmingly cite the Springfield Business Journal as their preferred source for business news.
Send resume and clips to Editorial Director Eric Olson at email@example.com. 7-12
ADVERTISING SALES: The Lincoln County Journal is looking for an enthusiastic, motivated Sales Consultant who can exceed revenue goals by designing creative client campaigns that drive desired business results. We are looking for someone who can connect with clients and help them achieve their business objectives through effective print and digital advertising.
In this position, you will:
• Generate revenue for two newspapers and meet monthly goals through effective outside sales techniques
• Develop new business and create results for clients through creative and effective targeted campaigns
• Establish trusting relationships with clients and community and meet all commitments with adequate preparation, delivery and follow-through
• Grow your book of business in alignment with goals while identifying companies that are expanding, relocating, hiring
• Meet or exceed revenue targets for existing, new, and digital business, as well as corporate initiatives and develop a strategy to support achievement of goals
• Grow share of clients’ advertising spend while increasing their overall spend
• Support collection of receivables
• Build and enhance sales skills, to include effective story-telling, prospecting and relationship-building, negotiation, closing
• Develop capabilities to produce creative and effective campaigns
The ideal candidate will have the following skills:
• Passion for contributing to a sales team with a positive mindset
• Driven by practical results, opportunities to learn, and opportunities to assist others with intention
• Effective relationship building, customer service, communication and negotiation skills
• Superior business acumen related to new media, digital interactive initiatives and social media required
• Ability to quickly recover from adversity
• Ability to effectively communicate, build rapport and relate well to all kinds of people
• Professional appearance a must
• Reliable transportation, valid driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record
Our Sales Consultants earn a generous commission on all sales. If you are interested helping the businesses in your community thrive, we want to hear from you! Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org 7-10