JOBS & MARKETPLACE
Members of Missouri Press Association may place ads FREE in the Marketplace section if the ad is for a position with a Missouri newspaper. Non-members please call or email Matthew Barba for pricing, (573) 449-4167 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Ads appear in the MPA monthly Bulletin, weekly eBulletin and here. Email ads to email@example.com or scroll down to fill out an online form.
WANTED TO BUY
WEEKLY NEWSPAPER: Award-winning weekly newspaper in Howard County. Locally owned since 1840. Loyal advertising and readership. Excellent staff. Debt free. Owner plans to re-locate.
Fayette is the county seat with a population of approximately 2,600. and is the home of Central Methodist University. Coverage area includes Fayette, New Franklin, Armstrong, Harrisburg, Higbee, and Glasgow.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (6/19/2023)
ASSISTANT EDITOR/PRINTING MANAGER: A weekly newspaper with a strong digital presence in Southern Missouri is looking for candidates for an assistant editor position. They are seeking candidates with writing, page design and commercial printing skills. Clear and efficient communication skills along with a willingness to learn is crucial for the position. The ideal candidate would be willing to work alongside the editor to meet the needs of any given day/week, which could evolve. This is an hourly wage based position. Please email your resume and wage expectations to email@example.com for consideration. (11/29/2023)
EDITORIAL POSITIONS: WE GOT THE BEAT! A newspaper company has vacancies in its news departments. If you are a reporter, editor, or journalist come and contribute to a dynamic team at one of our properties in Missouri. We are seeking media specialists with a story telling ability that focuses on audience and puts people at the heart of the story. Clear and efficient communication skills along with excellent writing abilities with a passion and drive for the satisfaction of our readers, is essential in these roles.
These are full-time positions with benefits.
Please submit your resume and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration. (10/9/2023)
This presents an excellent opportunity for an experienced reporter to develop their skills as an editor at the oldest weekly newspaper west of the Mississippi River. The Palmyra Spectator is part of NEMOnews Media Group, an award-winning, family-owned group of seven weekly newspapers based in northeast Missouri.
As Editor, you will play a pivotal role in shaping the editorial direction of our publication. You will be responsible for curating, editing, and enhancing content across various sections of the newspaper, ensuring that each issue is of the highest quality and meets our readers’ expectations. This role requires a deep commitment to journalistic integrity, creativity, and a strong sense of community engagement.
- Write and edit news, sports, and features, with clarity, accuracy, and style.
- Oversee the layout and design of the newspaper.
- Ensure adherence to ethical journalism standards and guidelines.
- Stay current with local news, events, and issues.
- Engage with the community to gather feedback and story ideas.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, or a related field (preferred).
- Proven experience in journalism or editing.
- Exceptional writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Strong understanding of newspaper production and layout.
- Knowledge of AP Style and journalistic ethics.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Passion for community journalism and a deep connection to local issues.
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits package.
- Opportunity to make a meaningful impact on the community.
- Creative and collaborative work environment.
- Career growth and development opportunities.
- Flexible work hours and a healthy work-life balance.
How to Apply:
If you are excited to become part of the NEMOnews Media Group, dedicated to delivering quality journalism to our communities, please send your resume, a cover letter detailing your relevant experience, and examples of your work to email@example.com. In your cover letter, tell us why you are the ideal candidate for the role and how your passion for storytelling aligns with our mission. (9/28/2023)