JOBS & MARKETPLACE
Members of Missouri Press Association may place ads FREE in the Marketplace section if the ad is for a position with a Missouri newspaper. Non-members please call or email Matthew Barba for pricing, (573) 449-4167 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Ads appear in the MPA monthly Bulletin, weekly eBulletin and here. Email ads to email@example.com or scroll down to fill out an online form.
WANTED TO BUY
WEEKLY NEWSPAPER FOR SALE: Newspaper for Sale in Lawrence County. Legal status, loyal readers and active accounts with 130+ year-old archives. Also, a monthly farm magazine with standing advertisers and strong presence in rural communities. Great opportunity for a family operation. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org. 1-6
WEEKLY PAPER FOR SALE: County-seat weekly newspaper situated in the Missouri Ozarks. Located in a progressive community where new jobs are arriving, a new high gymnasium and municipal swimming pool are under construction and businesses are investing in new buildings. This provides a unique situation where the owner is retiring from a profitable and award-winning publication that has both a digital and print focus. To make inquiries, write email@example.com or Missouri Press Association, 802 Locust St., Columbia, MO 65201. All inquiries will be held in strict confidence. 12-9
COUNTY SEAT WEEKLY FOR SALE: Missouri — County seat weekly, strong cash flow and profit, 2,500 paid circulation; great location near metro area, limited competition. Contact Dennis DeRossett at (217) 725-5900. 10-14
WEEKLY NEWSPAPER FOR SALE: Newspaper for Sale in Fast-growing Platte County. Lively, growing town on Missouri River, but owners of this prize winning community newspaper are ready to retire. Paid circulation, active web site , two face book accounts, subscription list, a paid e-edition list plus computer equipment, printers and copiers, desks and chairs, file cabinets, archives and lots more. Great opportunity for someone who wants an active, fulfilling and involved small town lifestyle. Rent or buy building, or move to your preferred location. For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 816-640-2251. 8-26
SMALL TOWN EDITOR: Editor needed in what was voted the Most Beautiful Town in Missouri. Hermann MO is looking for an editor for our small town paper. Benefits include 401K, health insurance, paid vacations and time off. This small office brings a family feel to local news. Candidate will be in charge of all writing in print and digital. This job would make a great stepping stone for a new reporter or great pace to make a permanent home.
Send resume to publisher Cathi Utley at email@example.com 11-26
MULTIMEDIA SPORTS WRITER: Begin a career you are proud of as a Multimedia Sports Writer
What do we offer You?
• An opportunity to diversify your portfolio with print and digital storytelling opportunities
• Tools to perform your job to the highest potential, including training and up-to-date technology
• Flexible scheduling and competitive pay without being stuck in the office
• Great company benefits, including medical, dental, life, mileage reimbursement, PTO and a 401K package
What is like to work for us?
• We focus on what it takes to make You successful in your job, preparing to inform and engage with an active audience
• As part of a family-owned business, you will develop strong team-building and family-like relationships with co-workers
What does it take to work for us?
• Be a sports-minded creative self-starter and storyteller, publication experience helpful
• Have strong two-way communication skills, oral and written
• Understand photography techniques and social media trends; Adobe Creative Cloud experience a plus
• Be able to manage time and effectively multi-task
Apply today! Email firstname.lastname@example.org with resume, cover letter and writing samples. 11-25