The Missouri Press Association calls on its members to rally in Branson in September.
Look over the agenda for the annual Convention. You’ll see many sessions that will rekindle your enthusiasm and show you different and better was to do things. You’ll have some fun, too. "Elvis" will be there! And golfers in the group will enjoy a round on the beautiful, new Payne Stewart tribute golf course.
A registraton form for the 145th Annual Convention and an agenda for the Sept. 8-10 meeting are here or at https://mopress.com/CURRENT_FORMS.php.
Here are links to websites for more information about Branson Landing and the hotel.
Here are some of the sessions scheduled and the presenters:
-Technology Discussion: Social Media, Paid Content, Deals of the Day & Etc. — Jane Haslag, Jefferson Cit News Tribune; Jeff McNeill, Houston Herald; Jon Rust, Cape Girardeau Southeast Missourian; Andy Waters, Columbia Daily Tribune; moderator Mike Jenner, Missouri School of Journalism/Reynolds Journalism Institute.
Come and see how some of your Missouri newspaer associates are tackling the challenges and exploiting the opportunities of our digital world.
This session will be complemented by these:
– "The Things I Believe About Newspapers: — Sammy Papert
– "You’re on the Jury: Is Print a Dead Duck?" — Bill Miller Jr. of the Washington Missourian joins community newspaper expert Ken Blum.
-"101 Easy Ways to Boost Your Bottom Line" — Ken Blum. This one speaks for itself. Would you like your bottom line to be boosted?
– For spouses, tour Stone Hill Winery and lunch at The Gardens.
– "Sales by the Numbers" and "Sales Time and Territory Management" — Tim Smith. Are you getting the most out of your sales time and processes? When was the lst time you examined how and why you do what you do when you’re working with advertisers? Are you getting all you can from your efforts? Are your advertisers?
– "Best Advertising Ideas" — Marty Goodnight, Springfield News-Leader; Jane Haberberger, Washington Missourian; Jim Card, The Smithville Herald; Scott Grissom, The Monett Times. Bring samples of your Best Ad Ideas for a chance to win $$$!
– "Get Close, Shoot Fast and Don’t Be Afraid to Bite the Dust" — Ken Blum. do you have writers on your staff who have to take pictures, and often what they get isn’t as good as it could be? Get them to this session!
These sessions and more are just the training portion of the Convention. Mix in the "Viva Las Vegas!" reception with Dave "Elves" Ehlert, the Newspaper Hall of Fame Banquet and the Awards Luncheon, and you’ve got a program that will appeal to everyone.
Examine the agenda for details and plan to join your colleagues in Branson to enjoy yorself, learn something and support your Missouri Press Association. This event is about and for you. Your attendance will be appreciated.