The Missouri Press Foundation has funded summer internships at seven newspapers around the state. Funding ranges up to $1,000 depending on the length of the internship.
Newspapers apply for the internship funding early in the year. A list of the approved internships then is sent to the communications departments and students newspapers at colleges and universities around Missouri. Students and newspapers are responsible for coming to an agreement on internships.
The newspapers and students that have Missouri Press Foundation interns this summer are:
- The Northeast News, Kansas City: Joshua Phillips of Kansas City, Northwest Missouri State University, Mass Media Journalism.
- Jefferson County Leader/Arnold-Imperial Leader: Ashley Reese of DeSoto, University of Missouri-Columbia, Journalism.
- Webster Co. Citizen: Alexandra Shupert of Springfield, University of Missouri-Columbia, Journalism.
- Albany Ledger: Jordan Gardner of Chillicothe, University of Missouri-Columbia, Convergence Journalism.
- The Kansas City Star: Trey Ceaser M. Williams of Kansas City, Northwest Missouri State University, Journalism.
- Branson Tri-Lakes News: Anna Sangrey of Landisburg, Penn., College of the Ozarks, English.
- Houston Herald: Douglas Muehlman of Cabool, University of Missouri, Journalism.
The Foundation is the educational and outreach affiliate of the Missouri Press Association, which was founded in 1867 and is headquartered in Columbia.