The Missouri Press Association Nominating Committee met recently, finalizing a slate of MPA officers and directors for 2022, effective Jan. 1.
The election of MPA officers and directors is scheduled during the annual MPA business meeting Friday, Sept. 24, at the 155th annual MPA Convention at the The Elms Resort and Hotel in Excelsior Springs.
Here are the candidates proposed by the nominating committee:
- 2022 President, Roger Dillon, Shannon County Current Wave, Eminence;
- First Vice President, Beth Durreman, Perry County Republic-Monitor, Perryville;
- Second Vice President, Amos Bridges, Springfield News-Leader;
- Secretary, Marion Jordon, Sr., The Kansas City Globe;
- Treasurer, Bryan Chester, Columbia Missourian;
- Directors for a one-year term: Tim Schmidt, Montgomery Standard, Montgomery City; and Lucas Presson, Southeast Missourian, Cape Girardeau; (Amos Bridges and Mary King open positions.)
- Director for three-year terms: Gary Castor, Jefferson City News Tribune; Bryan Jones, Versailles Leader-Statesman; Kevin Jones, St. Louis American;
- Peggy Scott, Jefferson County Leader, Festus, is being nominated to continue as the National Newspaper Association state chair.
Continuing on the MPA Board in 2022 will be directors: Hannah Spaar, The Odessan, Odessa; Donna Bischoff, St. Louis Post-Dispatch; and Sandy Nelson, Courier Tribune, Liberty.
Liz Irwin, Missouri Lawyers Media, St. Louis; will serve as immediate past president in 2022.
Trevor Vernon, Eldon Advertiser; is stepping down from the MPA Board in December 2021.
The nominating committee, was chaired this year by Trevor Vernon, Eldon Advertiser.
The committee members thank everyone who submitted nominations.